Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1)
What Is IGF-1?
Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 is a comprehensive health and anti-aging factor. For years it has been independently investigated for its potential effects on inflammation, cancer, diabetes, obesity and more.
A naturally occurring protein with a molecular structure similar to insulin, it is produced inside the body primarily by the liver as an endocrine hormone, and it functions as a mediator of the effects of growth hormone. When growth hormone is released into the bloodstream from the pituitary gland, it stimulates the liver to produce IGF-1, which in turn stimulates growth in a broad range of cells: skeletal, muscle, cartilage, bone, nerve, skin and multiple organs.
Historically, physicians have had limited opportunities to obtain and prescribe reliably sourced, US processed, quality IGF-1. Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 is compounded by an FDA 503B-registered, ISO-certified pharmacy for quality, purity, and consistency in every vial.
- Helps regulate fat for use as energy
- Increases rates of protein synthesis
- Positive effects on body composition and metabolism; increased lean body mass and decreased adiposity
- Mediates many of the growth-promoting effects and protein anabolic actions of growth hormone
- Increases regenerative function of nerve tissue
- Boosts the ability to cause hyperplasia in muscle cells resulting in fuller muscle tissue
- Upregulation of antioxidant benefit and, in combination with Vitamin C, has been shown to increase collagen formation and increase ligament strength
- IGF-1 and growth hormone are crucial in the development of bone both during puberty and throughout adult life
- IGF-1 treatment in addition to insulin treatment can correct growth hormone hyper-secretion, improve insulin sensitivity and glycemic control and decrease the dose of insulin needed to regulate glucose levels
How To Get IGF-1
You will need to obtain a prescription from a physician in our network of prescribers. For your convenience, we have physicians available who offer phone consultations. Once a physician determines that you are a good candidate for IGF-1 supplementation, your prescription will be compounded in our FDA-certified pharmacy and delivered to your home. Simply fill out our patient form, and we will promptly send you the contact information for a prescriber.